This position will be working on controlled projects – US Persons only as defined by 22 C.F.R. & 120.15 required.
The purpose of this position is to provide organizational and financial support for Advanced Structures and Composites Center’s grants & contracts. This position is responsible for assisting in the assurance that grant and contract expenditures are properly documented and accounted for, as well as informing project managers on grant, contract, and University purchasing procedures, policies and guidelines. Typical hiring range for this position is $31,000 - $43,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Complete Job Description
The University of Maine is a community of more than 11,200 undergraduate and graduate students, and 2,500 employees located on the Orono campus and throughout the state. UMaine is the state land and sea grant university and maintains a leadership role as the System’s flagship university. As a result, it is dedicated to providing excellent teaching, research, and service at the university, state, and national levels.
- BA/BS degree or experience in accounting, business or related area.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Some knowledge of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable local, state, federal and university regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of restricted fund accounting principles, procedures, and standards.
- Knowledge of current developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Skill in use of personal computers and related software applications.
Materials must be submitted via "Apply For Position" below. You will need to create a profile and application; upload:
1.) a cover letter which describes your experience, interests, and suitability for the position
2.) a resume/curriculum vitae
3.) contact information for three professional references
To apply for this information please use the following link: https://umaine.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=58117&job=fiscal-officer-grants-manager-i We cannot accept applications that do not come through HireTouch.
About this company
Established by the National Science Foundation in 1996, the Advanced Structures and Composites Center is a recognized leader in the development of advanced materials in structural, civil infrastructure, offshore wind, defense, and boat building applications. The Center is housed in a world-leading 100,000 ft2 laboratory and typically employs 150-200 faculty, staff and students. The Center regularly conducts 100-200 active research projects at any point in time and has received numerous national awards of excellence for its research and development activities including from the American Composites Manufacturing Association, SAMPE, SNAME, the American Society of Civil Engineers, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials and the Federal Highway Administration.
Location/Region: Orono, ME (04469)