HOULTON BAND OF MALISEET INDIANS
Primary Care Provider
Status: Contracted Full-time employee, 40 hours per week
Pay Range: (Negotiable based on provider type)
Role: The primary care physician provides competent primary care, preventative care and urgent care services at the Maliseet Health & Wellness Center for eligible Native Americans of all ages.
1. Responsible for assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of minor illnesses and preventative care services to eligible Native Americans of all ages from pediatric to geriatric.
2. Provide acute and chronic patient care including taking histories, physicals and monitoring therapies.
3. Provide health maintenance exams and education to patients.
4. Provide services that fall within scope of practice.
5. Use clinical judgment to determine the scope of illness that can be independently treated versus those that need to be referred.
6. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
7. Maintain professional licensure (with no infractions) to practice medicine in the State of Maine.
8. Participate in Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Training as required by HBMI Policy and maintain HIPAA Compliance in performance of position function.
9. Comply with all laws pertaining to Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance billing requirements and guidelines.
10. Proficiency in basic computer skills as well as maintain proficiency in the use of Electronic Health Records Program, VistA Imaging, E-prescribing, and e-mail use.
11. Maintain up to date, legible, accurate documentation for all patient visits in accordance with the HBMI's electronic medical records policies and procedures.
12. Maintain knowledge of current billing and documentation guidelines, meaningful use requirements and GPRA indicators.
13. Order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interpret and integrate data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic treatment plan.
14. Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions.
- Current State Medical practitioner's license without disciplinary action.
- A minimum of 2 years practice required.
- Demonstrate a broad range of knowledge of health and disease.
- Sensitivity and knowledge of Native American culture.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to perform medical examinations using standard medical procedures.
- Ability to be designated as a Medicare or MaineCare provider in the State of Maine.
- Willingness to utilize electronic health records.
- Possess a valid and unrestricted Federal Narcotics DEA number.
Complete job description, listing duties and qualifications and HBMI applications are available for download at our web site www.maliseets.com. Application are available at the front desk of the Administration Building or have one mailed to you by contacting the receptionist at the Tribal Administration Office. For information or a job description please either call the Administration Office at 532-4273 or e-mail email@example.com. If selected for employment you will be subject to Alcohol and Drug testing. If you fail the Alcohol or Drug testing any offer of employment will be withdrawn by HBMI.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Submit an application to:
Houlton Band of Maliseet Indians
Attn: Jessica Huff
88 Bell Road
Littleton, Maine 04730
The HBMI practices Indian Preference to qualified Native Americans in accordance with Public Law 93-638 and is an Equal Opportunity/At-Will Employer.
Location/Region: Houlton, ME (04730)