GE Gas Power engineers cleaner, more accessible energy that people depend on, powering growth and prosperity for people everywhere. Our leading technologies produce a third of the world’s electricity thanks to our talented people, who make gas work for our customers, stakeholders and the world. Through relentless innovation and continuous partnership with our customers, we are building the energy technologies of the future and providing the cleaner, more efficient power people depend on today.
We are seeking an experienced IT Site Leader / Project Manager responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and/or external customers. You will liaise with the technical team internal and external to the initiative to ensure outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality. As project manager, you will ensure project management practices are followed and improved as needed.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in specifying requirements
- Drive technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs
- Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources
- Facilitate convergence of functional and technical knowledge
- Work with technical team often comprising of members of separate organizations to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan
- Cooperate with and manage external vendors as required
- Ensure pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary
- Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
- Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
- Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting
- Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
- Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum years 6 years of relevant experience
- Must be within a commutable distance to our GE location in Bangor, Maine
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Experience working with others on a global basis
- Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
- Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- PMP, ScrumMaster or related Project Management certifications
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. US Work Authorization is required. We will not now or in the future provide visa sponsorship for this role. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Inclusion & Diversity
We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.