Dynamic- growth oriented Telecommunications Technology company seeking professional, self-motivated technician with diverse telecommunication skills, knowledge and application experience. Minimum 4-6 years’ experience installing and servicing Hybrid key and full VOIP telephone systems. Certifications in Mitel, Allworx and NEC a major plus. Candidate needs to possess a strong working knowledge of SIP and copper circuits, router configuration, network protocols and network topology, as well as legacy to current telecommunications technology. Knowledge of Bogen and Valcom paging systems is required.
- Service, trouble shoot, maintain and install commercial phone systems, both legacy and VOIP.
- Service, troubleshoot, maintain and install Commercial Data, Voice and Nurse Call systems.
- Service, troubleshoot, maintain and install commercial paging systems.
- Work involves driving a company vehicle; using hand tools; Climbing ladders; using scissor lifts.
- Perform Customer Instruction on System Operation and Functionality.
- Perform System Testing and Signal Verification.
Follows all company safety policies and procedures; and reports all accidents, hazards, and equipment problems.
Attends and participates in various meetings within the company.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic to advanced technical skills and knowledge of telecommunications industry and/or installation including voice, data and paging systems.
- Industry specific Manufacturer Certifications and BICSI training and/or Certifications preferred.
- A strong working knowledge of TIA and BICSI Standards; including trouble shooting and service preferred.
- Working knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, communication standards and installation.
- Ability to follow blueprints, notes and specifications to meets the job requirements.
- Use of all telecommunications tools and knowledge of service provider circuits a must.
- Basic written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling.
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team
- Willingness to be a positive leader and a great “follower”
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision-making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
- This job will require on-call nights and weekend work.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
Connectivity Point Design & Installation and sister company The Connectivity Group specialize in the infrastructure for voice, data, video and security systems. We design and install network cabling, audio/visual equipment, sound masking/speech privacy systems, surveillance and security solutions, cellular boosters, telephone systems, and offer "smart hands" field support. Working regionally using Connectivity Point technicians, and nationally/globally using Connectivity Group's network of qualified partners, allows us to be our customer's One Point of contact for all their technology infrastructure needs.
• Over 130 employees between the two companies
• Fortune 500 and 1000 customers.
• To date have performed work in 44 states and 24 countries.
• Voted one of the Best Places to Work [in Maine] for 5 years in a row.
• Generous benefits package and collaborative company culture.
• For more information please visit connectivitypoint.com or call us at (866) 782-0200.
Location/Region: Auburn, ME (US)