Full Time, Regular, Exempt Position
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Data Integration Developer (DI Developer) works closely with all members of the Data, Analytics, & Reporting Technology Services team (DARTS), as well as additional personnel within US:IT, to develop and maintain a data integration strategy to serve the University of Maine System’s operational and analytical reporting and analysis needs. The DI Developer is primarily responsible for ensuring the functionality, integrity and accuracy of the data integration schema feeding the UMS data warehouse and/or data marts. The DI Developer works closely together with the Data Systems Developer (DARTS), as well as the US:IT Database Administration team, to ensure performance and accuracy of the reporting database(s). The DI Developer also contributes to DARTS documentation efforts.
- Write & modify ETL (ELT) as required to assemble functional data warehouse/data marts
- Participate in the development of star schemas & dimensional data models for data warehouse
- Coordinate with DARTS team members to ascertain data modeling and ETL (ELT) requirements
- Develop and maintain data models of operational and analytical environments
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation related to operational and analytical reporting tools, and the reports and dashboards executed therein, for various groups of end users
Reports to the Director of Institutional Data Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, organizational, critical thinking & quantitative skills
- Outstanding problem identification & problem solving skills
- Achieves results through partnership & collaboration in a team work environment
- Self-motivated, resourceful individual who manages time well and follows through
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of equivalent relevant experience and education
- Understanding of data warehousing & data integration methodologies
- Experience writing data integration procedures
- Ability to create ETL/ELT procedures leveraging Change Data Capture, Slowly Changing Dimensions, and error handling
- Ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of complex data system problems
- Extensive prior experience writing SQL
- Prior experience with database administration
- Experience with relational & dimensional data modeling
- Experience tuning ETL performance
- Experience in a higher education setting, especially with higher education data
Based on the qualifications and experience of the successful applicant, the salary range is $60-75,000 plus a 10% employer contribution to the UMS retirement plan. Additional benefits include medical, dental, vision, and tuition waiver programs for employees and dependents. The UMS is a recipient of the Wellness Councils of America’s Well Workplace Award and offers wellness programs.
Review of applications begins immediately. The position is open until filled. Materials received after that date will be considered at the discretion of the University. Materials must be submitted via “Apply For Position.” You will need to create an applicant profile, complete an application (which includes contact information for three professional references), and upload a cover letter and a resume/curriculum vitae which fully describes your qualifications and experiences with specific reference to the required and preferred qualifications. You will also need to complete the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status form.
The successful applicant is subject to appropriate background screening.
All UMS employees are required to comply with applicable policies and procedures, as well as to complete applicable workplace related screenings, and required employee trainings, such as Information Security, Safety Training, Workplace Violence and Sexual Harassment.
The University of Maine System is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status and gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Sarah E. Harebo, Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).
Location/Region: Orono, ME (US - 04469)