Our client is migrating a series of Oracle applications to a new internal Exadata platform, and we are looking for a key project resource to replace the prior Project Manager. This position will coordinate the Oracle Exadata platform readiness and related tasks, and will work as a team with a Project Manager and Business Analyst resources focused on Application migration.
This Project Manager position will report to a PMO-Program Manager and will work closely with other project team members to coordinate and track activities of multiple stakeholder groups. This position will be responsible for day-to-day management of large and complex projects.
The project timeline is estimated to be 12+ months in duration.
- Status reporting of the project plan and work breakdown structure, with key milestones.
- Coordination, management, and risk mitigation of project work tasks defined in project plans, and resource allocation
- Develop a quality control plan and accountability toward the measures
- Develop a communication matrix and accountability for project team communications
- Create presentation materials and deliver updates to working team, stakeholders, and executive steering committee
- Preferred Education: 4 year college degree or equivalent
- Project Management Experience (Advanced; 7+ years); Demonstrated experience managing large, complex technology initiatives involving multiple subgroups or teams.
- Experience with Oracle Exadata projects.
- Experience with State Governments a plus
- Strong organization and writing skills. Experienced developing graphic representations of complex business processes.
- Self-starter, able to join a project mid-stream and help bring the project to a successful completion.
- Able to take ownership of a project or work assignment, escalating concerns and issues to the project leadership team
- Experience working with stakeholders at all levels of a large complex organization and exceptional communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated knowledge of managing conflicts between resources and resolving organizational change issues.
- SharePoint; We will be using SharePoint as our document repository during the project lifecycle.
- Proficient in Office 2016 products such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, including MS Project.
Global Technical Talent, a Precocity-owned company and subsidiary of Chenega Corporation, specializes in recruiting and pre-qualifying senior level IT professionals for clients` immediate long- and short-term contract needs, contract to hire and direct hire positions. We build long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with all of our clients and consultants. By having a complete understanding of our clients' IT organization, personality, needs and expectations we can be relied upon to consistently provide top tier service and match the perfect candidate to the right job.
Location/Region: Augusta, ME (US)