The Property Maintenance Technician provides basic mechanical maintenance, janitorial, and grounds care for the site as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager.
- Performs necessary work orders, assigned by Maintenance Supervisor, Community Manager or Assistant Community Manager and documents necessary information on work order forms.
- Prepares vacated apartments for re-rental in designated time frame.
- Depending on the site, work may include cleaning of common areas of buildings according to site maintenance schedule and Taymil standards. Keeps grounds free of debris, removes and properly disposes of rubbish and trash.
- Performs necessary seasonal grounds maintenance including but not necessarily limited to: snow/ice removal, pruning of trees/shrubbery, mowing of lawn, planting etc.
- Rotates emergency coverage with Maintenance Supervisor as required.
- Maintains the workshop, utility room(s), mechanical rooms to ensure the rooms are kept clean, orderly, safe from potential hazard. May be required to maintain written building logs.
- Repairs/replaces major appliances as required (refrigerators, dishwashers, stoves, garbage disposals and washers and dryers). Seeks assistance from Maintenance Supervisor when necessary.
- Provides coverage at other sites when required. Able to handle after hours emergency calls and be on-call as needed.
- Prepares surfaces and paints building interiors/apartments as necessary.
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Community Manager as necessary.
Works under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager. Directly accountable to Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager. Occasionally accountable to other senior staff on special assignments.
Performs regular duties independently using own technical knowledge and judgment. Alerts supervisor to serious problems of non-compliance and/or when encountered with a problem he/she is not familiar with.
Valid Driver’s License
Minimum 2 yrs Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
We strive to offer our residents a superior living experience through:
Hiring committed personnel
Proactively maintaining our communities
Encouraging constructive, open communication between staff members and residents
Location/Region: Yarmouth, ME (US)