Sunnybrook - Brunswick, ME
16 Hours a Week (9:30am-6pm)
Make a difference in the lives of our Seniors!
Do you have the desire to create a purposeful and fulfilling environment for senior living residents? Our goal is simple -- to make a positive difference in our residents’ lives by creating a special place where they can thrive and their families can have peace of mind.
If you love to provide quality care, have a high energy "can do" attitude, are goal oriented and work well independently as well as within a team then we would love to hear from you!
We want the best so we offer the best:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedules
- Direct Deposit
- Vacation Time and Personal days
- Paid Holidays and Sick time
- Birthday's off
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance to qualified associates
- 401k with Company Match.
- Tuition Reimbursement, Ongoing Education (CEU's), In-services
- Associate Awards & Appreciation-we have FUN at work!
Job Description for the Wellness Nurse - RN or LPN:
To provide a high quality of services to meet the needs of the assisted living residents and to assure that preventive measures, restorative service, activities, and related support services are carried out, recorded and reviewed.
Essential Functions of the Wellness Nurse - RN or LPN:
- Takes an active role in direct customer assessment, development of service plan and care.
- Responsible for documentation related to resident activity.
- Communicates pertinent resident data to the appropriate responsible party.
- Provides for emotional and physical comfort and safety of residents
- Supervises and coordinates Personal Care Assistants in providing direct customer care in adherence to state and corporate guidelines.
- Puts customer service first. Ensures that resident and responsible parties receive the highest quality of services in a caring and compassionate atmosphere and recognizes individuals’ needs and rights.
- Adherence of non-negotiable.
- Performs additional assigned duties at the direction of the Resident Care Director.
- Adheres to and carries out all policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, facility operations, and personnel.
- Establishes and maintains constructive working relationships with coworkers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Promotes teamwork in the provision of services for residents.
- Be a proponent of the community, its mission and all it represents.
- Reports on-the-job injuries and or grievances to the supervisor before the end of the shift on the day the injury occurs.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for the Wellness Nurse - RN or LPN:
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, completed State-required training
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community officials and the general public
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
- Must meet all State health requirements
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Physical and Sensory Requirements of the Wellness Nurse - RN or LPN:
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight, hearing senses, or uses prosthesis that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to the work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the community.
- Physically able to move at least 25 lbs. without assistance. May be required to lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies, etc.
- Physically able to bend, reach and work in small areas.
- Physical stamina and ability to assist residents as needed and in emergencies.
The Northbridge Companies is quickly becoming the next generation of senior housing. As a privately owned company, we offer innovative, quality senior housing solutions to today's senior. Our thorough market knowledge, combined with solid financial strength, has enabled The Northbridge Companies to grow from a single property in Plymouth, Massachusetts to a portfolio of 16 properties serving 1200 residents. This prudent growth has enabled us to stay focused on delivering superior service to our residents and attract exceptional care givers to our team. We believe it is time for the next generation of senior living. Seniors want more services, more amenities, and more thoughtfully designed environments that work with their age, not against it. We keep those ideas firmly in mind in every decision we make.
We believe that in everything we do, our emphasis needs to be on living well and loving life.
Location/Region: Brunswick, ME (US)