Ideal candidates will demonstrate advanced technical and leadership skills by managing the Network Performance Diagnostics and Monitoring group.
Responsibilities include leading highly technical teams while diagnosing complex technology performance problems across all areas of the IT support model.
The position will interact with a full range of Client staff from all areas of the enterprise and agencies. Customer service and interpersonal skills are critical in this role.
Successful candidates must be professional and have a passionate vision to lead and influence outcomes. This will require the attributes and skills listed below:
- Excellent open communication skills across all levels of a highly technical organization; both written and verbal.
- Leading/facilitating highly technical team members to proactively identify opportunities to address performance problems and implementing resolution.
- Be a highly organized self-starter capable of using professional judgement, prioritize responsiveness and apply analytical thought for problem resolution.
- Understanding and practical real life experiences across all levels of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Model will be essential.
- Subject matter expert at Architecting, managing and troubleshooting Large Scale Networks.
- Agility and foresight to escalate issues in a professional manner with the ability to coach and foster an environment of continuous learning with an IT staff.
- Understanding of technical security best practices, especially in dealing with PII.
- Expertise in current information services and automation technology systems necessary to be an expert in the delivery of IT services.
- Ability to formulate plans at a strategic level and deliver service to the end-user is paramount as we strive for excellence of IT services.
- Ten (10) years' experience in researching, analyzing, planning, and implementing large-scale technology projects and/or related policies, protocols, and standards.
- A Masters' Degree in Computer Science or directly related area may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience.
Preference will be given to individuals who have experience in the following areas:
- Solar Winds, Netscout, Riverbed products, and to individuals who are an active Cisco Certified Network Professional.
The ideal candidate will possess experience and skills in the following:
- Evaluating applicability of current automation technology/trends to State systems and needs.
- Diagnose/configure Cisco, Avaya Networking interoperability.
- OSPF and BGP4 routing protocols.
- Leading Voice over IP support and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting Telephony Infrastructure: DDS, T1 and T3 systems, DACCs.
- IP multicast, IGMP and PIM.
- Importance of change control processes on critical 99.999% networks.
- Configuring, troubleshooting, designing and maintaining Cisco, Avaya, Juniper, Aruba wired and wireless platforms and integration with Firewalls, servers and DNS/DHCP.
- Wireshark and deep packet test and analysis.
- Diagnostic and performance monitoring products such as Solar Winds, NETSCOUT and Riverbed.
- Handling difficult customers, and providing resolutions to conflict in a professional manner.
- Communicating orally and in writing with people having a wide variety of knowledge and expectations.
- Conducting team meetings, completing presentations and working with leaders in a team environment.
Global Technical Talent is owned by Precocity LLC, a subsidiary of Chenega Corporation. GTT has been a leader in the staffing industry for over 18 years and is one of the largest staffing firms in the New England region. We are known for our Fortune 500 clientele and cutting-edge technology-driven recruiting infrastructure. GTT has a diverse family that values each individual contribution, and together we make a team that's bigger than ourselves. "Who We Are" meets "What We Do" to make us into a productive and accomplished force dedicated to improving ourselves and in return, our whole team. Our clients and partners are among the most successful and innovative organizations in the world. In fact, our top clients are Fortune 1000 banking, insurance and financial services firms, some of the nation's largest healthcare and retail companies, and prestigious educational institutions in the Ivy League tier. We believe that there is always a new opportunity for success!
Location/Region: Augusta, ME (US)