• Foster a positive work environment with the housekeeping team and establish high standards of
service as well as support of the staff.
• Motivate, manage and train staff.
• Must have a keen eye for details. Identify deficiencies and establish a plan to remedy them.
• Develop weekly staff schedules to align with campus activities. Work is dictated by business
and will include early mornings, nights and weekends.
• Work closely with the Sales/Operation team to coordinate housekeeping and operations
activities or needs.
• Review reservation system regularly to monitor check-ins and check-outs for staff cleaning
• Update reservation system to indicate units that are clean and ready for occupancy.
• Report any facility deficiencies to the appropriate SI staff member and follow up to ensure
they have been addressed.
• Communicate effectively with operations staff with any guest request, special requests, and
any other guest issue that needs to be addressed.
• Inspect rooms daily to ensure that quality is being maintained by the housekeepers and our
guests are receiving a stellar product.
• Oversee the smooth operation of morning, afternoon, and night shifts as applicable.
• Maintain cleaning stock inventory, initiate ordering of cleaning supplies, paper products,
lodging furnishings and stock while adhering to a budget.
• Supervise and control the stocking of linen closets, amenities, chemicals, and linens
• Assist Operations staff with the collection of guest keys and guest evaluations as applicable.
• Maintain records of all lost and found items and initiate owner identification and return when
• Ensure MSDS and OSHA regulations and safety precautions are followed and updated as needed.
• Work to maintain a future plan, budget and coordinate campus wide improvements on an ongoing
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• OSHA and MSDS procedures and standards
• Team player
• Outstanding guest relations/customer service
• Proactive problem solver
• Excellent management and interpersonal skills
• Computer proficiency, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word.
• 3-5 years prior experience in a similar housekeeping management position
• Maine State Driver’s License
The work requires some lifting and relocation of material/equipment to various campus facilities,
typically up to 50lbs. Considerable walking, stooping, bending, stair climbing and arm movement is
required. Some movement of furniture or lifting may be necessary. Due to the widespread location of
campus facilities the employee is required to move back and forth and around campus in an expedient
and timely manner.
Location/Region: Winter Harbor