NOTICE FOR PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION
TO: INDIVIDUALS INTERESTED IN APPRENTICESHIP AS AN OPERATING ENGINEER
FROM: THE ENGINEERS TRAINING CENTER
DATE: OCTOBER 2018
SUBJECT: 2018-2019 APPLICATION PERIOD
Each year at this time we notify appropriate agencies and interested parties regarding our application period.
How to apply YOU MUST APPLY IN PERSON-Applications will NOT BE MAILED (dates and times listed below)
Where to apply ENGINEERS TRAINING CENTER, ONE ENGINEERS WAY, CANTON, MA 02021-3708
When to apply During the month of November only.
Days and times to apply Monday through Friday (unless otherwise indicated below) 9:00 am and 11:00 am
Saturday, November 3, 2018 9:00 am
Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:00 am, 11:00 am and 6:00 pm
Saturday, November 17, 2018 9:00 am
Tuesday, November 27, 2018 9:00 am, 11:00 am and 6:00 pm
THE BUILDING WILL BE CLOSED THE FOLLOWING DATES - NO APPLICATIONS ISSUED
Monday, November 12, 2018 Veterans Day
Thursday, November 22, 2018 Thanksgiving
Friday, November 23, 2018
What you MUST bring
1. Have a valid driver's license with a current address showing that you reside in our jurisdiction.
2. Bring a social security card.
How long will you be here
Be prepared to stay and complete the entire application. You will not be allowed to leave the Engineers Training Center with the application.
Basic Qualifications to apply
1. Be 18 years of age or older:
2. Capable of performing the work of the trade;
3. Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
4. Reside within the jurisdiction of Local 4; (eastern Massachusetts, 5 easterly counties of New Hampshire, state of Maine) (refer to the list)
5. Be a citizen or otherwise meet the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986;
6. Have a valid motor vehicle driver's license in your possession;
7. Have a Social Security card in your possession;
Applications will only be given to the person applying for the Program that shows a valid driver's license and social security card.
Applications will NOT BE MAILED. The applicant must apply in person with the proper identification or they will be sent home. Allow enough time to stay for a presentation prior to the application being given to you. Applications will not leave the building - no exceptions.
Hoisting & Portable Engineers, Local 4, Apprenticeship & Training Fund will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. Hoisting & Portable Engineers, Local 4, Apprenticeship & Training Fund will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 30.
Location/Region: Bangor, ME (US - 04401)