We're a growing automotive repair business with a loyal customer base that recently expanded into auto sales. We're looking for a qualified and experienced automotive technician to become our lead mechanic. Candidate should also poses a love for cars, human beings, and planet earth as our business prioritizes people and planet over profit.
This is a master level position so candidate must posses the following attributes:
• Advanced mechanical and diagnostic ability
• ASE Certifications
• Maine State Inspection Certified (A & E)
• The ability to work highly efficiently in a fast-paced atmosphere
• 5+ years of past employment as a professional automotive technician
• Experience with Subaru, Honda, and Toyota vehicles a plus
• Experience with electric and hybrid vehicles a plus
We offer awesome perks and benefits!!!
• Hourly pay - NOT flat rate
• 100% COMPANY PAID Medical and Dental Insurance
• Paid holidays and vacation
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Paid Education and ongoing training
• Generous employee discounts on vehicles purchases, parts and service
• Staff parties and events
• A solar powered and AIR CONDITIONED shop with much higher air quality than your typical shop environment
• Workplace electric vehicle charging
• A career-oriented environment with opportunities for steady growth and advancement
• A family-oriented culture with an excellent reputation in the business
• A fun lovin’, positive-vibe workplace
• A progressive shop with professional and modern equipment
• An environmentally and socially responsible company that truly cares about our community
• A Monday through Friday work week with mountains and lakes nearby for your weekend!
• Pay rate of up to $25 per hour depending on experience and opportunities for overtime!
We’re regular folks just like you, trying to do our part to make our community a little better. We’re using our combined 50 years of experience to keep you informed and safe on the road, and we’ll always treat you and your ride with the respect you deserve. Like you, we live, work, and play in the Oxford Hills, which is why we’ve committed ourselves to a greener approach. We specialize in Hybrid & Electric vehicles and we’ve switched to solar power, using and offering green oils and lubricants, and utilizing green alternatives.
Tired of unreliable service and shady repair shops? We were too. That’s why we struck out on our own and founded Paris Autobarn, a home town auto-repair shop with a green edge.
Never be kept in the dark again. Using advanced techniques and cutting edge diagnostics, we’ll let you know what’s going on with your vehicle. Any recommended repairs are explained thoroughly, and we’ll be there to answer your questions in person, over the phone, or online.?
We are experienced professionals. We are certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence, we have over 50 years of combined experience in the automotive industry, and we have received factory training from Honda, Subaru, and Toyota. Our shop is fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment, tools, and reference materials at our disposal. Small job or big, we are up to the task.
We are down to earth and friendly. When you come in for service you can actually meet and talk to the technicians that will be working on your vehicle.
We care about our environment. Running an Eco-friendly business has been our goal since day one. We strive to use the most sustainable practices currently available to the automotive service industry and we are always looking for new and innovative ways to protect our environment. Our goal is to become the most ecologically friendly automotive repair facility in the area. Since July, 2015, our shop's electricity has been provided by the 45 panel solar array on our roof. Soon after, we became an official EPA Green Power Partner. We’ve received many awards including the Governor's Award for Environmental Excellence by the Maine Department of Environmental Protection, and business awards from Sierra Club Maine, The Natural Resources Council of Maine, and Maine People’s Alliance. We’ve are not afraid to stand up for important causes such as protecting Maine’s solar net metering law, preventing an unfair fee on hybrid and electric vehicles, and fighting for a living wage. We’ve even traveled to our nation’s capital to participate in several protests against the destruction of our shared environment, including the People’s Climate March.
Every year a significant portion of our profits is used to support local non-profit organizations such as The Center for an Ecology Based Economy in Norway, The Maine Organic Farmers & Gardeners Association, The Natural Resources Council of Maine, The Maine Small Business Coalition, The Maine chapter of The Sierra Club, The Maine Wolf Coalition, Runs with Wolves Sanctuary in Limington, Responsible Pet Care in Paris, and others.
If you’re curious about reducing your transportation carbon footprint, come visit us in South Paris, Maine. You may find that we’re not you typical automotive business, and we’d be happy to agree with you, but we look forward to putting people and planet before profit is the norm rather than the exception.
Location/Region: South Paris, ME (US)