WORK SCHEDULE: Flexible, 20-40 hours per week
SUMMARY: Responsible to provide medical services to patients in all settings (office, nursing home, and home), including history and physical examinations, cancer screening, patient/family education, diagnosing and treating presenting ailments, and telephone follow up. Supervises and provides back up to advanced practice clinicians in the office and hospital if applicable.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assesses patient care needs.
- Provides direct patient care within the scope of knowledge and training.
- Works within their Care Team to create and sustain a Patient Centered model of quality health care.
- Responsible for covering their team member's messages, test results on their days off or during their vacations.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and review of procedures and policies and in the annual program review.
- Arranges for, or refers patient to, needed services.
- Assures that patient health records are maintained with concise, legible, and pertinent documentation.
- Performs tasks a sreasonably requested by the Medical Director.
- Participates in after-hours telephonic call.
- Supervises advanced practice clinicians per plan of supervision, if applicable, providing prompt feedback with any alternate suggestions for care.
- State of Maine MD or DO license
- DEA license
- Board certification
RESPONSIBLE TO: Medical Director