The State of Maine YMCA Alliance is hiring for an exciting Part Time, Contracted Alliance Director to work with all Maine branches.
YMCAKennebec Valley YMCA
The Alliance Director will primarily be responsible for increased collaboration and advocacy of statewide initiatives of the YMCAs. The principle objectives are as follows:
- Build and enhance collaborations among the statewide YMCAs.
- Build, strengthen and support YMCA advocacy networks, proactively working with State Alliance leadership to increase government relations in order to advance the YMCA mission.
- Share best practices by creating a statewide learning environment.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage projects with superior technical and project management skills, achieving desired results in a cost efficient manner.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and administering online survey instruments
- Willingness to travel throughout the state to attend meetings and conferences.
- Willingness to travel to out-of-state meetings and conferences as needed.
- Self-directed and ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
- Strong customer service skills particularly in Microsoft Office and administering online survey instruments
- Establish clear and consistent communication, and build positive, effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, the Maine YMCAs and their CEOs, the contract lobbyist, and as appropriate, Y-USA staff.
- Serve as a liaison between the Chair of Public Policy, the Board and the Alliance’s lobbyist on policy opportunities. This may include supporting the work of Board, coordinating policy efforts with the Chair of Public Policy and the lobbyist, and working with the lobbyist as they track legislative activity on initiatives identified by the State Alliance Board.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, monitoring the Alliance’s Strategic Plan to assure the identified goals and strategies are carried out.
- Develop a vision consistent with the Y-USA best practices, and build expert teams, advocacy and staff networks that support State Alliance initiatives which may include but not limited to: Camping, Child Care, Youth in Government, Aquatics, Healthy Eating, Membership, Youth Development and Healthy Living.
- Lead the creation of an evaluation and communications plan to support the Alliance.
- Coordinate the meetings of the Alliance Board in conjunction with the President.
- Coordinate the State Advocacy Day event, and as appropriate, participate in the New England Summits and National Advocacy Day.
- Coordinate the development of the Statewide Action Plan with support/input from the State Alliance Board of Directors.
- Assist in the promotion of initiatives and any related activities in meeting the identified goals and objectives.
- Work with the Treasurer to assure expenditures related to State Alliance work are on budget.
- Maintain the Alliance web site.
- Seek funding opportunities that support Alliance strategic initiatives.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Values. Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
- Inclusion. Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
- Relationships. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
- Communication. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
- Developing Others. Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Project Management. Supports goal attainment by prioritizing activities, assigning responsibilities in accordance with capabilities, monitoring progress, and evaluating impact.
- Decision Making. Integrates logic, intuition and sound judgment to analyze information to identify greatest opportunities, make sound decisions, and solve problems.
- Change Capacity. Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.
- Emotional Maturity. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Quality Results. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
- Influence. Employs influence strategies that engage, inspire, and build commitment to the cause and overall Y goals.
- Volunteerism. Advances the legacy of volunteer engagement and leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary$22,000.00 - $25,000.00
Location/Region: Augusta, ME (US)