Casella Waste Systems, Inc. [Nasdaq: CWST] is a regional solid waste, recycling and resource management services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling, and organics services. Casella operates facilities in 6 northeastern states, with just under 2000 employees, and annual revenues of approximately $565 million.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. has opened a search for a hands on, experienced Lead Mechanic to join our facility located in Waterville, ME.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Perform maintenance tasks based on driver pre and post trip inspections in a timely manner or as directed by the Maintenance Manager
- Perform Preventative Maintenance Inspections
- Thoroughly identify defects requiring correction, which would affect the availability of the equipment and the safety of the equipment operator
- Make adjustments to brakes, clutches, and other utilities that are part of the vehicle or other equipment
- Make adjustments to hydraulic pressures and other hydraulic components of any equipment
- Perform tire changes and repairs
- Build, rebuild or replace hydraulic components and hoses of any vehicle or stationary equipment
- Operate the grinders and sanders
- Perform accurate Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Perform all job duties in accordance with company safety policies and regulations
Education, Experience & Certifications:
Clean class A, B or C Driver's License
- Minimum of 5 years' experience inspecting, trouble-shooting and repairing trucks and stationary equipment
Qualifications & Skills:
Must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Capable of major component repair and rebuilding
- Capable in the use of diagnostic tools
- Complete understanding of mechanical systems
- Complete understanding of hydraulic systems
- Complete understanding of electrical systems