Title: Outpatient Rehabilitation Specialist-Maine Center for Integrated Rehab
Job Category: Direct Care/Operations
Line of Business: HomeCare Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Outpatient Rehabilitation Specialist-Maine Center for Integrated Rehab. In this position, you will play a vital and positive role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their fullest potential.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.
About This Career OpportunityOutpatient Rehabilitation Specialist-Maine Center for Integrated Rehab Responsibilities
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Outpatient Rehabilitation Specialist-Maine Center for Integrated Rehab. In the position, you will play a vital role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their highest level of independence. Not only will you see positive results of your work every day, but you will have an opportunity for professional development and advancement to positions of greater responsibility. Many leaders with ResCare began their careers as Direct Support Professionals.
- Assist the person served in achieving the individualized treatment plan goals established by the Rehab
Without Walls Team.
- Ensure safety, living comfort and hygiene needs of person served are met while fostering independent
- May provide / arrange for transportation and escort person served to medical/other appointments and
outings. Keep staff and family members informed of all scheduled appointments.
- Adhere to/enforce Bill of Rights of person served and report any violation to management.
- Implement community reintegration activities under the direction of the Rehab Without Walls treatment team to assist the person served with a variety of needs in the home and community. Assist the person served in understanding their needs and limitations.
- Observe/document and report changes in the condition of the person served to management and other
treatment team members as appropriate.
- Participate in the team process and provide input as needed. Attend case conference and family educational meetings.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in
nature. Share information only when the recipient’s right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is clearly in the best interest of the person served.
- Attend, participate in and/or conduct internal staff development programs, obtain continuing education
as required by Company policy and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned in response to the person serviced, office or program needs.
- Submit all required documentation in a timely manner per Company and RWW policy.
- Assist team in fostering a safe home environment for the person served. Report any safety concerns or
issue to management immediately.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The candidate must successfully complete any/all required pre-employment evaluation test(s) per policy in each assigned area of practice.
- Good organizational and communication skills are needed.
- Ability to function with minimum supervision.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- The candidate will have the physical ability to perform job related duties which may require lifting, standing, bending, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing, and pulling with or without reasonable accommodation.
- A health examination must be successfully completed prior to assignment and periodically thereafter, as
required by company policy, and/or state regulations, to verify that he/she is physically capable of performing assigned duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent plus a minimum of six months prior work/volunteer experience
providing individual instructions, preferably in a health care environment is generally required.
- Effective communication skills also required.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Predictive Full-time, 40 Hour Plus Schedule
- Part-time and On-call shifts available (less than 30 hours)
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.248 State Street - Twin City Plaza , Brewer, ME 04412 USA
Location/Region: Brewer, ME (US)