Title: Therapeutic Recreation Specialist - Maine Center for Integrated Rehab
Job Category: Nursing/Skilled
Line of Business: HomeCare Services
Join us in transforming peoples’ lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist - Maine Center for Integrated Rehab. In this position, you will play a vital and positive role in helping our clients with intellectual, cognitive, or developmental disabilities achieve their fullest potential.
Are you passionate about helping others? Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.Therapeutic Recreation Specialist - Maine Center for Integrated Rehab Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and coordinates recreation activities, functional leisure skills, and leisure education. Interviews the person served to assess capabilities/interests/barriers. Monitor progress and recommends changes modifications to program as required.
- Consult with physicians and other members of the rehabilitation team regarding therapeutic recreation goals for program referrals. Coordinate activities with staff/rehabilitation team and participate in care planning meetings.
- Communicate with community service organizations to develop resources for recreational programs. Act as liaison to outside community recreation/leisure avocation agencies.
- Design community reintegration activities to assist the person receiving services with their physical and cognitive needs during physical recreational/leisure activity. Assist the person receiving services in understanding their various needs and limitations and how to manage them during function.
- Provide training to the person receiving services and as appropriate, all others involved in that person’s rehabilitation. Analyze and document the result of any training.
- Perform a thorough evaluation, assessing the needs of the person receiving services, and set measurable objectives that are formulated in conjunction with the rehabilitation team. Adjust treatment to achieve maximum results.
- Responsible to apply professional knowledge and skills in accordance with accepted standards of clinical practice, to facilitate problem resolutions, and thereby the achievement of individualized goals and outcomes for the person served.
- Report progress to the rehabilitation staff, person receiving services and family members.
- Observe/document and report changes in the condition of the person served to the Clinical Coordinator/ designee, attending physician and other treatment team members as appropriate.
- Provide treatment progress and status documentation in accordance with the Plan of Treatment.
- Participate in the team process provide input and effective treatment strategies. Attend case conference and family educational meetings.
- Develop, teach and assess the plan of treatment. Guide the Rehabilitation Specialist/Certified Nursing Assistant in fulfillment of the plan. Use appropriate methods and tools in all teaching and training activities, including those associated with discharge.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share information only when the recipient’s right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is clearly in the best interest of the person served.
- Collect and document items necessary for the organization to complete a thorough and effective program evaluation and program improvement.
- Attend, participate in and/or conduct internal staff development programs, obtain continuing education as required by Company policy and regulations. Maintain and enhance clinical practice skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned in response to the person serviced, office and/or program needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Current CPR certification is required. The candidate must successfully complete any/all required pre-employment evaluation test(s) per policy in each assigned area of practice. Good organizational and communication skills are needed. Ability to function with minimum supervision. Reliable transportation is required. The candidate will have the physical ability to perform job related duties which may require lifting, standing, bending, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing, and pulling with or without reasonable accommodation. A health examination must be successfully completed prior to assignment and periodically thereafter, as required by Company policy, and/or state regulations, to verify that he/she is physically capable of performing assigned duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
The candidate will have the physical ability to perform job related duties which may require lifting, standing, bending, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing, and pulling with or without reasonable accommodation. A health examination must be successfully completed prior to assignment and periodically thereafter, as required by company policy, and/or state regulations, to verify that he/she is physically capable of performing assigned duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation Therapy or the equivalent plus a minimum of two years therapeutic therapy experience is required. Knowledge of complex neurologic injury and orthopedic rehabilitation techniques generally required. Knowledge of therapeutic recreation program design and the ability to obtain NTRS certification within one year of employment required. Maintain professional license and/or certification as required by the state in which the therapist practices. Effective communication skills also required.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people’s lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Predictive Full-time, 40 Hour Plus Schedule
- Part-time and On-call shifts available (less than 30 hours)
Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.248 State Street - Twin City Plaza , Brewer, ME 04412 USA
Location/Region: Brewer, ME (US)