MediTelecare, a leading telemedicine provider of behavioral health care to long-term care and assisted living facilities seeks clinical psychologists, full and part time, to provide patient evaluations and psychotherapy. These services are delivered via our state of the art HIPAA encrypted portal utilizing the latest technology of streaming video from a private and professional location of your choice. Our psychologists are part of a clinical team that also includes nurse practitioners, psychiatrists and clinical social workers.
If you have a license to practice in one or multiple states, we are interested in speaking with you. The states are: VT, ME, NH, KY, OH, VA, IA, TX, MS, KS, WV, NE, IL, MO, MN, OK.
· Conduct live and interactive initial psychiatric evaluations, psychotherapy, behavioral management, and neurocognitive testing within her/his area of expertise via telehealth technologies. Conducts decisional capacity evaluations as requested by facility.
· Work in coordination with the telehealth facilitator as a member of the interdisciplinary team assigned to the facility. Supervises the administration of psychological assessment tools by medical assistant working under psychologist’s license.
· Participate in case reviews, consultations and utilization review.
· Respond to urgent calls from the facility and facilitates problem solving.
· Maintain accurate records on patients treated.
· Maintain accurate records for billing purposes daily.
· Provide in-service education at the facilities as needed.
· Participate in staff meetings as needed.
- Facilitate monthly phone call to facility to discuss patient care and address building questions or concerns.
· Stay up to date with current telehealth issues and legislation.
- May cover other facilities as requested by manager.
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process of potential new staff when requested.
- May assist in the orientation of new staff when requested.
EDUCATION, LICENSING AND CREDENTIALING:
- PhD, or PsyD, or equivalent recognized doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an accredited university.
- Two years of supervised clinical experience at least one of which is post degree.
- Holds a valid permanent license in practicing state(s) as a clinical psychologist in accordance with the regulations of that state or in the process of obtaining it.
- Must be able to meet the credentialing requirements of MediTelecare and the facilities assigned to. Must be able to become credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid and other payers as necessary.
- May be asked to obtain multi- state licensure.