A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people.
A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK’s steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks – only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring – today and every day.
Working as a District Manager for FLIK will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself! You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
Provides overall planning, direction and control to assigned food service units, within a defined district, to achieve operations and financial goals. Provides guidance and motivation to director of food service and general/resident managers, as well as other district associates. Established and maintains effective customer/client rapport.
Supervisory Responsibilities Manages 5-10 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 20+ employees in each operation. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In conjunction with the Senior Vice President, interprets and ensures compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines to promote their consistent application within each district
- Conducts operation audits of district units and designs improvements to optimize financial performance and operational productivity. Audits units to ensure conformance with the Company, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation and record keeping. Ensures adherence to company sponsored retailing and purchasing programs
- Observe typical meal service when visiting units. Evaluates food for taste, temperature, appearance and portion size. Investigates complaints regarding unit operation and effects satisfactory solutions
- Develops realistic and accurate district forecasts. Monitors development of realistic and accurate unit forecasts. Ensures that each unit’s financial performance meets Company and client forecasts
- Establishes and maintains effective client and customer relations. Identifies client’s needs, communicates unit progress, operations problems and new Company programs to client. Interprets financial reports for clients. Ensures that clients are aware of current applicable government regulations. Documents business content of client meetings
- Conducts and/or monitors customer, client and associate satisfaction surveys
- Participates in the sales process by working the pre-proposal study teams, aiding in presentations, preparing opening team schedules and coordinating/leading opening teams. Conducts client negotiations and renegotiate unit contracts. Coordinates documentation of contract changes
- Ensures consistent and equitable administration of human resource policies, procedures and guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations and support the preferred employer focus. Audits performance appraisals and associate files. Monitors affirmative action plans
- Recruits for management positions. Identifies district training requirements. Develops and coaches management associates to meet staffing and succession planning needs, as well as to ensure optimum utilization of district associates
- Plans and conducts district meetings, making full use of support staff as needed
- Coordinates union contract negotiations
- Establishes and maintains effective community relations. Participates in professional and civic activities. Makes appropriate public appearances
- Other duties may be assigned
- Analytical Thinking - Ability to think clearly, logically and objectively to analyze work-related problems in an effective way; As a result of analysis, comes to conclusions which are balanced, systematic and rational; Uses intuition when needed
- Team Orientation - Disposition to work and operate in a team environment; Build and support teams; Actively collaborate and network with others; Convey the notion of team synergy and encourage others to do the same
- Leading Others - Champions change; Leads, directs and communicate at all both up and down the line; Inspires others to want to follow in the achievement of significant goals
- Cross Cultural Working - Appreciate and work within a different culture; Has conviction that one can learn from other cultures; Able to set aside own prejudices; Sensitivity to read others’ culture; Strives for an inclusive environment where cultural differences are recognized and respected
- Developing and Applying Strategy - Looks above and beyond day-to-day activities to see the broader picture; Able to visualize the future; Able to develop and apply wide-ranging and longer-term business strategies
- Business Innovation and Insight - Spots business opportunities; Sees the business through customers’ eyes; Open to new ideas to identify new markets; Generates new angles and approaches which move the business forward
- Commercial Judgment - Handles business in a commercial and financially driven way; Works towards maximizing revenues and profits; Works towards minimizing costs and constantly improving business efficiency
- Results Focus and Initiative - Drive, determination and commitment to get things done; Move things forward; To achieve; To get results; To do things better
- Integrity and Self-Awareness - Strives for fairness and openness; Seeks feedback and input from others; Uses feedback and input from others to gain self-understanding and self-knowledge; Manages internal politics; Strives for honesty
- Resilience - Maintains performance and retains individual self-confidence during period of continuing stress.; Manages self effectively during periods of, change, hostility and opposition.; Maintains an even keel during heavy workload and tight deadlines
- Balancing Corporate Objectives - Accepts, absorbs, supports and champions company objectives and values, even though they don’t always line up with one’s own personal beliefs or preferences.; Open to considering values that don’t match your own
Education and/or Experience Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations ServSafe, member of a local and/or national food service/culinary association(s). Current driver’s license.
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one – to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business – from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it’s our great people providing great service that generates our great results. In turn, it’s important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential.
Great People. Great Service. Great Results.
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve. We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. If you’re looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry’s best.
Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Requirements: Career Level Management (Manager/Director)
Areas of Interest Foodservice - Business/Corporate Dining
Education Bachelor’s Degree
Locale New Jersey
Preferred Language English
About this company
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group North America is a family of companies building experiences for all of our customers. We serve award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more.
Location/Region: Strong, ME (US)