Purpose: To oversee the management of the Coordinated Operating Research Entities (CORE) by working closely with CORE staff, including operational managers and technicians, and financial and other support staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees management and operational activities within CORE and connects internal and external users with institutional research resources by providing access to major equipment and facilities operated under CORE.
- Oversees marketing and promotion of CORE services.
- Works with units across campus to provide visibility, access, and standardized usage fees for users accessing CORE facilities.
- Supervises the CORE Operational Managers and other pertinent staff.
- Oversees budget, cost of operations, and revenue with assistance from financial support team.
- Identifies opportunities for funding from external sources to support CORE and coordinates with the Office of Grant Development to pursue available opportunities.
- Ensures operations and procedures follow federal guidelines on services centers as outline in OMB Uniform Guidance.
- Facilitates professional development for staff within the CORE technician pool.
- Oversees maintenance of equipment and schedule for equipment replacement or upgrades and identifies funding opportunities through external sources.
- Builds productive relationships with internal and external constituencies.
- Commits to organizational improvement by identifying opportunities to improve, and recommending possible alternatives for a situation.
- Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned.
Location/Region: Orono, Maine