STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: Helping clients, communities, and employees succeed through responsible engineering and consulting services.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Demonstrates a solid working knowledge of skills required in the focus area to provide analytical or technical support for assigned projects, or portions of projects, with supervision.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare electronic drawings based on design parameters provided by supervisor.
- This may include road layout and design, site layout for large retail developments, subdivision layout and design, and building plans.
- Provide document quality control, plan take offs, volume calculations, cost estimating and field construction review.
- Field work may require obtaining and maintaining certifications for testing of construction materials.
- Maintain a list of workload including adequate records to track time spent on the various projects.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Technological knowledge through training, project experience, and education
- Working familiarity with the equipment being used including scanners, plotters, printing machines and field equipment.
- Ability to interact with co workers for project specific questions or concerns
- AutoCAD with Civil 3D
KEY PERSONALITY TRAITS REQUIRED TO SUCCEED IN THIS POSITION:
- Is self-motivated
- Takes the initiative to suggest and/or create changes that will enhance accuracy and productivity
- Works in the best interest of the Company
- Is honest, trustworthy, dependable, and respectful
- Adequately communicates, both verbally and written
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIRED TO SUCCEED IN THIS POSITION:
- Associate’s Degree in a Drafting /Engineering related field.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OR LIMITATIONS: Must be able to visit a variety of locations including client offices, construction sites and undeveloped sites, work on a computer/monitor and conduct business by telephone; navigate vehicles and function under adverse outdoor conditions during field inspection work. Must be willing to travel 5% to 40% of work week.
About this company
Sewall is an integrated team of geospatial, engineering and natural resource consultants who partner with clients to create practical, sustainable solutions. With a heritage of ethical business practice, Sewall builds enduring relationships built on integrity, objectivity, and a broad understanding of evolving client needs. Sewall’s success is based on client success, the satisfaction of client stakeholders, and the prosperity of client communities.
Location/Region: Old Town