Dog House Energy Services, a family owned heating, plumbing & AC company, is looking for a dependable, hard-working assistant to answer the phone, assist with customer inquiries, schedule appointments, dispatch technicians and various projects. Must possess exceptional customer service skills and organizational habits.
We strive to provide superior service to our customers and need office staff to support this vision. We offer a casual home-based office environment and the following benefits; 50% paid health insurance for you and family, company match IRA plan, 3 sick days and 2 weeks’ vacation paid after 6 months, 10 paid holidays off per year.
• Interest in learning the HVAC industry
• Must enjoy speaking on the phone with customers, technicians, and suppliers
• Excellent customer service skills
• Friendly, pleasant phone voice and personality
• Juggle multiple tasks and stay on top of projects
• Willing to stay late on occasion if deadlines are due
• Very close attention to detail
• Strong proofreading skills
• Go-getter, take initiative
• Work independently with little supervision
• Quick to learn new skills
• Able to follow directions
• Technology and smartphone savvy
• Fair knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel & QuickBooks
• Not mind being around animals (several in office)
• BONUS SKILLS; Marketing and design, social media marketing experience, background in the HVAC and/or plumbing, air conditioning industry
Dog House Energy Services is a family owned HVAC & plumbing company out of Freeport that specializes in retrofits and new installations. Started in 2010, we strive to provide superior service to our customers. When visiting a customer to discuss installing a new system we try to educate them as to what product is going to give them the best return on their investment and which product has the best efficiencies. This is to benefit the customer and to help the planet as much as we can. Our technicians are factory certified for a multiple of products and are state licensed. On-going education is very important to us as technology is constantly changing and our technicians are expected to be on top of the newest technologies.
Owners, John and Maria, are also big animal lovers and have adopted numerous little furry ones over the years. In the future, they wish to use the business more to bring awareness of the terrible problem of pet overpopulation, homelessness, and euthanasia to the public.