Security administrator for campus-wide student data access in student information system (SIS). Provides support to the department with automation of processes through the use of applicable software solutions to streamline and improve efficiencies. Assists with SIS processes related to student records functions and software testing. Provides support to staff as liaison to UMS IT on hardware and software. Typical hiring range for this position is $30,594 to $35,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Apply at https://umaine.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=47178&job=operations-support-specialist
- Administers access to student data. Designs and maintains audit plan of end-users. Determines end-user needs to assign appropriate security roles based on employment. Adjusts user security profiles to reflect user employment status changes. Conducts periodic audits of end-user access. Identifies required security roles for student administration access in conjunction with other system coordinators and security liaisons.
- Coordinates office-wide testing of student records related functions within the SIS prior to implementation of system updates. Works with staff to develop testing scenarios.
- Assists with SIS processes related to student records functions and software testing, following complex procedures and detailed policies. Provides input on new processes based on knowledge of institution data structure, data extraction capabilities and appropriate use and sharing of data.
- Provides support to the department with automation of processes through the use of applicable software solutions to streamline and improve efficiencies. Investigates best practice solutions, such as file storage, document sharing, work centers, work flow, and communications. Uses knowledge of student systems functionality, interconnectedness of data across functional areas, and understanding of operations within the office to improve or redesign processes. Uses technical solutions to maintain efficiency making fact-based and data-driven decisions.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving existing technical solutions supporting departmental processes. Identifies departmental functions that would benefit from the employment of an appropriate technology. Helps manage new technical projects.
- Consistently shares ideas and knowledge with others, teaching skills and explaining concepts.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software issues and acts as a liaison between the department and UMS IT support services. Provides training and education to office staff on software used within the department. Manages and maintains hardware inventory.
- Creates and maintains process documentation related to primary duties of the position.
- Typically has the education associated with a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with automated student information system
- Experience with integrating technology into the workplace to improve program effectiveness
- Experience applying innovative solutions to make departmental improvements
- Self-motivator requiring minimal supervision
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to function as a team member
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technical skills to include (with UMS IT support services assistance), hardware maintenance and support, desktop application support, website and application design and programming, technical documentation, database management, and reporting.
- Functional-user experience with PeopleSoft in Student Records module
- Experience with Google suite of apps
- Experience with Box cloud storage
See complete job posting: https://umaine.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=47178&job=operations-support-specialist
Location/Region: Office of Student Records