The Software Developer is a member of a team which is wholly responsible for reviewing, designing, implementing and testing each project the team is assigned. As a junior member of the team, the Software Developer is primarily responsible for working on projects of limited scope. The position receives direction from more experienced technical team members.
Tyler SIS™ was developed with the users' role in mind - from busy superintendents and teachers, to students and IT professionals. This web-based solution allows for easy data input of attendance, grades, family information, health concerns and all other student data, and provides real-time access to the collected information. Full integration between Tyler SIS and Tyler school products can help schools advance student achievement, identify at-risk students, deliver state and federal reports, establish parent-student-school communication to increase efficiency.
- Maintain existing code for basic applications.
- May assist in the development of new applications from established specifications or documented requirements.
- Fix minor bugs and/or clear up operational deficiencies for basic applications in both previously released software and software slated for future release.
- Achieve departmental goals and timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or comparable work experience.
- Logical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Exposure to object oriented programming.
- Exposure to current programming languages.
- Relevant Technologies:
- .Net / C# (or similar high level languages
- SQL Server 2000/2005
- VB Script
- Visual Basic 6
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team situation.
- Have an affinity to solve problems.
- Ability to manage time effectively while handling multiple projects and deadlines
With almost 5,000 employees (and growing), Tyler has a 50-year track record of developing our people's careers while supporting strong work-life balances. Tyler encourages employees to think outside of the box, stay curious, build on their skills and be the drivers of their careers. Come join us and be a part of an organization that is continuously empowers communities. Tyler Technologies is the largest software company in the nation solely focused on providing integrated software and technology services to the public sector — cities, counties, states and school districts.
Location/Region: Bangor, ME (US)