Sunnybrook - Brunswick, ME
Come work with a great team! Flexible Hours!
Make a difference in the lives of our Seniors!
Tired of Restaurant hours? Do you have the desire to create a purposeful and fulfilling environment for senior living residents? Our goal is simple -- to make a positive difference in our residents’ lives by creating a special place where they can thrive and their families can have peace of mind.
Our passion for ensuring that our residents maintain a fulfilling quality of life is second to none. If you share this passion and appreciate the rewarding feeling that comes from knowing you've made a positive impact on the lives of our seniors and their families, then we’d love to hear from you. We are looking for energetic and caring associates to join our team.
We want the best so we offer the best:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedules
- Direct Deposit
- Vacation Time and Personal days
- Paid Holidays and Sick time
- Birthday's off
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance to qualified associates
- 401k with Company Match.
- Tuition Reimbursement, Ongoing Education (CEU's), In-services
- Associate Awards & Appreciation-we have FUN at work!
Job Summary for the Server/Waitstaff:
To prepare food in accordance with applicable standards and guidelines and regulations as directed by the Resident Dining Director and to assure the quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Functions of the Server/Waitstaff:
- Prepares and directs preparation and service of food, using standardized recipe and procedures.
- Instructs and trains new associates.
- Aids Food Service Supervisor in ordering food and supplies.
- Encourages participation in training programs, especially monthly in-service meetings.
- Maintains safe and sanitary procedures within the department, paying special attention to temperatures of food served and attractiveness of trays.
- Consults with Food Service Supervisor regarding menus.
- Works with dietary Consultant on therapeutic menus.
- Meets demands of meal schedules.
- Receives and checks in all food deliveries as instructed by Food Service Supervisor.
- May be asked to attend Department Head Meeting in absence of Food Service Supervisor.
- Cleans equipment as scheduled.
- Cleans own work area.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Food Service Supervisor.
- Adheres to and carries out all policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of verbal and written information pertaining to residents, facility operations, and personnel.
- Establishes and maintains constructive working relationships with coworkers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Promotes teamwork in the provision of services for residents.
- Be a proponent of the community, its mission and all it represents.
- Reports on-the-job injuries and or grievances to the supervisor before the end of the shift on the day the injury occurs.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for the Server/Waitstaff:
- Requires the ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community officials and the public.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
- Must meet all State health requirements
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must pass criminal background check
- High School diploma or G.E.D plus 3-5 years previous experience in preparation of food and quantity cooking.
- Familiar with therapeutic diets.
- Follow written and oral directions and make simple calculations.
Physical and Sensory Requirements of the Server/Waitstaff:
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess sight, hearing senses, or uses prosthesis that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to the work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the community.
- Physically able to move at least 25 lbs. without assistance. May be required to lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies, etc.
- Physically able to bend, reach and work in small areas.
- Physical stamina and ability to assist residents as needed and in emergencies.
The Northbridge Companies is quickly becoming the next generation of senior housing. As a privately owned company, we offer innovative, quality senior housing solutions to today's senior. Our thorough market knowledge, combined with solid financial strength, has enabled The Northbridge Companies to grow from a single property in Plymouth, Massachusetts to a portfolio of 16 properties serving 1200 residents. This prudent growth has enabled us to stay focused on delivering superior service to our residents and attract exceptional care givers to our team. We believe it is time for the next generation of senior living. Seniors want more services, more amenities, and more thoughtfully designed environments that work with their age, not against it. We keep those ideas firmly in mind in every decision we make.
We believe that in everything we do, our emphasis needs to be on living well and loving life.
Location/Region: Brunswick, ME (US)