SME Network Performance Diagnostics
Ideal candidates will demonstrate advanced technical and leadership skills by managing the Network Performance Diagnostics and Monitoring group.
Responsibilities include leading highly technical teams while diagnosing complex technology performance problems across all areas of the IT support model.
The position will interact with a full range of Client staff from all areas of the enterprise and agencies. Customer service and interpersonal skills are critical in this role.
Successful candidates must be professional and have a passionate vision to lead and influence outcomes.
This will require the attributes and skills listed below:
- Excellent open communication skills across all levels of a highly technical organization; both written and verbal.
- Leading/facilitating highly technical team members to proactively identify opportunities to address performance problems and implementing resolution.
- Be a highly organized self-starter capable of using professional judgement, prioritize responsiveness and apply analytical thought for problem resolution.
- Understanding and practical real life experiences across all levels of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Model will be essential.
- Subject matter expert at Architecting, managing and troubleshooting Large Scale Networks.
- Agility and foresight to escalate issues in a professional manner with the ability to coach and foster an environment of continuous learning with an IT staff.
- Understanding of technical security best practices, especially in dealing with PII.
- Expertise in current information services and automation technology systems necessary to be an expert in the delivery of IT services.
- Ability to formulate plans at a strategic level and deliver service to the end-user is paramount as we strive for excellence of IT services.
Ten (10) years' experience in researching, analyzing, planning, and implementing large-scale technology projects and/or related policies, protocols, and standards. A Masters' Degree in Computer Science or directly related area may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience.
Preference will be given to individuals who have experience in the following areas:
Solar Winds, Netscout, Riverbed products, and to individuals who are an active Cisco Certified Network Professional.
The ideal candidate will possess experience and skills in the following:
- Evaluating applicability of current automation technology/trends to Client's systems and needs.
- Diagnose/configure Cisco, Avaya Networking interoperability.
- OSPF and BGP4 routing protocols.
- Leading Voice over IP support and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting Telephony Infrastructure: DDS, T1 and T3 systems, DACCs.
- IP multicast, IGMP and PIM.
- Importance of change control processes on critical 99.999% networks.
- Configuring, troubleshooting, designing and maintaining Cisco, Avaya, Juniper, Aruba wired and wireless platforms and integration with Firewalls, servers and DNS/DHCP.
- Wireshark and deep packet test and analysis.
- Diagnostic and performance monitoring products such as Solar Winds, NETSCOUT and Riverbed.
- Handling difficult customers, and providing resolutions to conflict in a professional manner.
- Communicating orally and in writing with people having a wide variety of knowledge and expectations.
- Conducting team meetings, completing presentations and working with leaders in a team environment.
Global Technical Talent, a Precocity-owned company and subsidiary of Chenega Corporation, specializes in recruiting and pre-qualifying senior level IT professionals for clients` immediate long- and short-term contract needs, contract to hire and direct hire positions. We build long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships with all of our clients and consultants. By having a complete understanding of our clients' IT organization, personality, needs and expectations we can be relied upon to consistently provide top tier service and match the perfect candidate to the right job.
Location/Region: Augusta, ME (US)