We are a growing full service propane marketer with customer service centers throughout East Coast Seeking a qualified Energy Advisor to become part of our experienced sales team in the Downeast Region. This individual with prior sales experience will be trained by our personnel to sell propane and related appliances and equipment.
We are seeking:
- Self-motivated individual who is results and goal oriented with a proven track record of success.
- The candidate should possess strong communication skills, and excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment.
- Courteous and professional relations with customers, co-workers, and the general public are necessary at all times to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position.
- Home Improvement sales / services experience desired
- Prospecting new business required
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Explorer & Mobile Devices)
- 3 years sales experience
- Previous HVAC or estimating experience
- Ability to study for and pass state required LP licensing requirements
- Valid Drivers License and safe driving history
You will earn a competitive salary, together with commission and transportation.
DOWNEAST ENERGY started as Brunswick Coal, which began selling coal and firewood in 1908. In 1931, Allen Morrell bought the company and shortly thereafter added "& Lumber" and expanded the business to include heating oil, propane and building materials. In the 1950's his two sons, Bob and Dick, joined him and continued to grow the business. Though partners in all aspects of the business, Bob focused on building materials and Dick focused on heating and petroleum products.
Decades of steady growth in delivering fuel and services in Maine and New Hampshire
The company expanded over the years through internal growth and acquisition of other small companies. Currently, there are 14 heating fuel and equipment operations throughout Maine and New Hampshire. In the 80's Downeast added wholesale and retail gasoline to the product mix. After operating a wholesale gasoline division and 23 Puffin Stop convenience stores for 20 years, the entire motor fuels operation was sold in late 2001.
We operated Downeast Building Supply providing top quality service and products to contractors and homeowners from our location in Brunswick. In May, 2010, this division was sold. More recently, in May 2012, Downeast Energy merged with NGL Energy Partners of Tulsa, OK.
A team of almost 350 employees work around the clock to provide over 60,000 customers with heating oils, propane and equipment throughout Maine and New Hampshire.
After 100 years, Maine and NH customers still come first
One thing that hasn't changed since 1908 is our commitment to our customers. Getting the job done quickly is second to doing it safely and well. We are committed to our employees and to the communities in which we live and do business. DOWNEAST ENERGY will never outgrow the fast, friendly, reliable service for which we've always been known.
Location/Region: Brunswick, ME (US)