Tyler Technologies is seeking a financial analyst to join the ERP & School division finance team. The financial analyst will be responsible for preparing financial plans and projections for divisional businesses. In addition, the position is responsible for providing financial analysis in a broad range of areas including (but not limited to) financial results, planning, projections and key metrics through extracting data from internal ACCESS databases and Corporate financial systems. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of financial statements and strong Excel / ACCESS skills.
- Assist in the planning, preparation and analysis of ERP & School business plans as part of the annual planning cycle. Assist with reforecasting plans on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare bi-weekly projections of financial results for various division businesses and perform related analysis.
- Monitor financial results relative to projections, prior periods and plan. Identify trends, elevate issues and recommend actions, as appropriate.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly review packages reviewed at the senior most level of the organization.
- Track performance metrics to ensure results are aligned with expectations.
- Prepare and communicate monthly reports (i.e. headcount, services utilization, etc.).
- Develop and maintain financial databases that support actual, plan and projected financial information, using ACCESS.
- Recommend process improvements that drive operational efficiency and enhanced financial controls.
- Perform ad hoc projects, as requested.
- BS in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or relevant experience.
- 2-5 years of experience in financial roles.
- Solid knowledge of financial statements and accounting principles.
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability and desire to manage data to assess trends and to draw conclusions.
- Strong organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
- Knowledge of financial systems, operations and budgeting a plus.
- Comfortable working with employees at all levels in the organization, including senior management.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines, prioritize and multi-task.
With almost 5,000 employees (and growing), Tyler has a 50-year track record of developing our people's careers while supporting strong work-life balances. Tyler encourages employees to think outside of the box, stay curious, build on their skills and be the drivers of their careers.
Come join us and be a part of an organization that is continuously empowers communities. Tyler Technologies is the largest software company in the nation solely focused on providing integrated software and technology services to the public sector — cities, counties, states and school districts.
Location/Region: Yarmouth, ME (US)