At Geiger, we strive for a healthy, pleasant workplace, where communication is open, frequent, and two-way; where attitudes are positive; where teamwork is universal; and where innovation is expected. That’s the Geiger Way and we are looking for associates who share these values.
Geiger is the only privately owned promotional product distributor in the US, located 30 – 40 minutes outside of Portland. We are looking for a Web Developer to work on specific projects related to coordination and production of websites and printed catalogs.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Implement new sites with required client design elements or create documentation for outsourcing website creation
- Make edits to existing sites as necessary
- Learn client graphic requirements as necessary
- Communicate project related information to the appropriate person or, in some cases, directly to customer or sales partner
- Create and run thorough test plans to ensure site functionality and end-user experience
- Use and assist co-workers with a centralized project management tool
- Analyze and escalate technical questions to an appropriate area
- Duties require general knowledge equal to 4 years of college and specialized knowledge of HTML
- Familiarity with debugging tools
- Comfortable in both Mac and PC operating systems
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office
What is in it for you?
- Full benefits package
- Onsite Wellness Center and onsite fitness classes
- Education reimbursement
- Profit sharing
- 401k (with a match!)
- Bonuses for industry certification
- Newly renovated, L.E.E.D. certified, state-of-the-art office building
Full-Time M - F, 40 Hours weekly
(Geiger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer)
Geiger is one of the largest family-owned and most respected companies in the promotional products industry and the largest privately held promotional products distributor in the world.
Our history spans 5 generations and 3 centuries. The company was founded in 1878, when brothers Andrew and Jacob took over their fathers two-room print shop in Newark, New Jersey. A staff of 4 the brothers, a printer, and a bookkeeper produced a small line that included advertising calendars, fans, and greeting cards. In the early 1900s, the second generation brothers, Frank, Charles, and George added date books and diaries to their expanding line. In 1930s, Frank's two sons, Ray and Frank, led the firm into the distribution of advertising specialty products made by other companies. Meanwhile, Ray acquired the famous Farmers' AlmanacTM, becoming its 6th editor and tireless promoter for 60 consecutive years! In 1955, the company moved to its current location in Lewiston, Maine. Two of Rays sons, Gene and Peter, manage the company today. Under their guidance, Geiger has experienced unprecedented growth and success which has earned numerous business and civic honors.
Each generation has enhanced and reinvigorated the business, but the Geigers themselves are only part of the story. Some 500 talented associates work in the Lewiston and field offices supporting a sales force of more than 450 promotional consultants in nearly every state and more than 50,000 customers.
Location/Region: Lewiston, ME (US)