The Crops Entomology Specialist is expected to:
- Work from the Extension office located in Presque Isle, Maine with some state-wide responsibilities
- Classroom instruction will occur on the campus of UMPI. The distance between the Extension Office and UMPI is 0.5 miles.
- Perform work responsibilities that will occasionally include some evening and weekend commitments
- Work with colleagues and appropriate agencies to create an annual plan of work that addresses the changing issues and needs of the potato industry
- Travel in-state, normally requiring a valid Maine driver’s license, is required with mileage reimbursement at the contract rate and some limited national or international travel.
- Secure a Maine Pesticide Applicator’s license within the first 6 months of employment
Presque Isle is located in central Aroostook County in northern Maine. Presque Isle offers easy access to some of the most beautiful year-round recreation sites in the nation.
- University of Maine Cooperative Extension office hours are weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Extension Crops Entomology Specialist will work a flexible schedule to meet the requirements of the position that may involve work beyond regular office hours.
- The Extension Crops Entomology Specialist position is a regular full time position.
Appropriate background checks are required.
All UMS employees are required to comply with applicable policies and procedures, as well as to complete applicable workplace related screenings, and required employee trainings, such as Information Security, Safety Training, Workplace Violence, and Sexual Harassment.
Materials must be submitted via "Apply for Position". Each candidate will need to create a profile and application, upload a letter of intent addressing the specific job requirements, updated curriculum vitae, and three (3) current professional references (names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and relationship to applicant) that may be contacted. Incomplete application materials cannot be considered. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Maine is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.