Tyler Technologies is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our hosting engineer/ops team in our Yarmouth, ME office. The Sr. Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the all-around health and availability of the Tyler Datacenter Infrastructure and will serve as a troubleshooting resource for the IT, SaaS, Networking and Disaster Recovery Teams, as well as any other consumers of the Tyler Datacenter offerings. Mid-level and senior-level candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Primary Admin for Datacenter Operations of the Yarmouth facility.
- Provide hands-on device maintenance such as component replacement, system testing, running cables and racking servers in the Yarmouth Datacenter.
- Primary Admin for monitoring Datacenter environmentals. (i.e. power, cooling, generator)
- Hardware Administrator for Cisco UCS and DELL.
- System Administrator for Tyler’s VMware SaaS hosting platform. Build hosts and remediate issues.
- System Administrator for storage and backup environments.
- Level 2 / 3 support for Infrastructure incidents, and point of contact for the National Operations Center (NOC)
- Monitor storage/compute environment health using vRops, vNI, LogInsight, Solarwinds.
- Ensure all automated monitoring tools are reporting as expected.
- Remediate alerts and configuration issues.
- Monitor all automated processes, pre-defined backup logs, and routinely scheduled jobs for completion and performance.
- Evaluate alert definitions and assist in the development of departmental standards and process improvements.
- Associate’s degree with a focus in computer science or related field, or comparable work experience.
- Typically requires 7+ years of solid system administration experience, preferably including VMware.
- Solid scripting skills.
- May be required to undergo and satisfactorily pass a fingerprint background check (for CJIS requirements).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery Administration principles.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks logically in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Experience with VMware PowerCLI
- Experience with at least 4 of the following, with the ability to gain proficiency in the others:
- VMware vCenter
- VMware vSphere
- VMware vNI
- VMware vRops
- VMware LogInsight
- VMware NSX
- VMware vRO
- Cisco UCS Manager
- Experience with any of the following a plus:
- Cisco UCS, UCS Manager
- Brocade SAN Switches; basic SAN technology
- IBM XIV Storage devices
- Actifio Enterprise
The ability to work independently yet as an integral team member is a must. The successful candidate will be familiar with and adhere to a strict change request policy, with an eye toward never violating PCI, SSAE or other standards-based certifications maintained within the Tyler Datacenters.
With almost 5,000 employees (and growing), Tyler has a 50-year track record of developing our people's careers while supporting strong work-life balances. Tyler encourages employees to think outside of the box, stay curious, build on their skills and be the drivers of their careers.
Come join us and be a part of an organization that is continuously empowers communities. Tyler Technologies is the largest software company in the nation solely focused on providing integrated software and technology services to the public sector — cities, counties, states and school districts.
Location/Region: Yarmouth, ME (US)