Job Title: Parts Specialist I
# Positions: 1
Hire Type: Full-Time
Work Days: Monday - Friday, Other, Other Days: Weekend hours may be required
Work Shift: 1 First shift, Other Shifts: Evening/Night hours may be required
Maine DOT Dixfield
547 Main Street
Dixfield, ME 04224
The Parts Specialist provides counter service to MaineDOT employees who need parts/equipment to perform their jobs. The Parts Specialist will assist with inventory control, data entry in inventory systems, customer service, and may occasionally drive a MANCON vehicle to pickup parts.
Provide quality customer service to include but not limited to the following:
• Attention to detail
• Review, familiarize with and adhere to MANCON’s SOPs and Safety Manual.
• Meet and greet customers
• Review supplied requisition forms to ensure they are properly completed (Signatures, timestamps, part numbers, descriptions and quantities)
• Answer questions regarding availability of parts
• Ask appropriate questions to ensure correct parts are researched and provided
• Inform customers when requested parts are available
• Drive vehicle to designated vendors’ locations to purchase/pick-up parts
• Provide company documentation to vendors as required (tax exempt form, credit references)
• Review all invoices at vendor location to ensure accuracy on pricing and quantities
• Return products to MANCON location in a timely fashion
Data Entry Requirements
• Assist in generating invoices for customer requisitions in the inventory system
• Assist in entry of vendor receiving documents in the inventory system
Inventory Management Requirements
• Assist in performing weekly inventory cycle counts
• Assist in performing counts during Wall to Wall inventories at site
• Follow established guidelines for vehicle and equipment maintenance
• Provide 24 hour support at the MaineDOT location during emergencies
• Travel to vendor locations to pickup parts
• Assist with inventory research projects as requested
• Adhere to required procedures
• Participate in the SCM continuing training program
• Assist with Store Supervisor duties as assigned
• 1 year computer experience
• 24-hour availability
• Valid Driver’s License with two years driving experience
• 1 year experience with auto or heavy duty truck parts
Physical Requirements: Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Work is mostly performed in storerooms and warehouses which may have uncontrolled temperatures and dirt/dust/damp conditions. Work is also performed in vehicles traveling to sites.
Physical Activity: Driving, Lifting, Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Stooping, Walking
Background Checks Required: Credit Check, Criminal Check, DMV Check, Other
Skills Tests Required: Driver's License
Visit MANCON at https://careers-mancon.icims.com/jobs/3737/job . Apply directly online or contact MANCON HR for alternatives at 757-457-9570 or email@example.com.
MANCON participates in E-verify. For information regarding E-Verify, contact the Department of Homeland Security at 888-464-4218.
MANCON is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MANCON will not discriminate based on race, color, age, sex or gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or membership in any other protected class. Questions and concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
MANCON is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia. MANCON provides personnel, material support and logistics services to state, federal and local governments and private industries nationwide. We provide employees from many diverse labor/skills categories and support professional, administrative, industrial and production services, logistics, and training, as well as the facilities management. No matter the direction, MANCON is always there.
MANCON, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MANCON, LLC will not discriminate based on race, color, age, sex or gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or membership in any other protected class. Questions and concerns can be directed to email@example.com
Location/Region: Dixfield, ME (US)