Inside Sales Specialist
The Bangor Daily News, an innovative, award-winning and family-owned media company, is searching for a highly motivated person to join our advertising sales team as an Inside Sales Specialist. We have an opportunity for a salesperson to provide our clients in the Bangor area with excellent results and care. Through your understanding of our products, services and pricing, you will connect advertisers with BDN audiences through the daily newspaper, weekly and custom publications, and digital products.
Ideally, you have sales and customer service experience, a strong commitment to teamwork and excellent communication skills. If you are passionate about making your customers successful, we want you on our team.
- Sells, secures and processes print and digital help wanted, classified and retail advertising via inbound and outbound telephone calls and email contact from existing and prospective customers.
- Provides clear and concise proposals to customers, providing the product mix that best fits their marketing needs.
- Regularly meets individual sales goals.
- Captures customer information and accurately inputs data into Adperfect, Adobe and Netsuite software.
- Orders customer campaigns in appropriate systems.
- Provides billing information to accounting timely and accurately.
- Maintains a client base and serves accounts, providing a high level of customer care.
- Resolves customer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Continually develops knowledge and is fluent on all BDN advertising and marketing products.
- Participates in regular training and coaching sessions.
- Responsible for seeking out and participating in continuous professional growth and development.
- Responsible for assisting with inbound customer service calls in an overflow capacity.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualities:
- Presents a positive, professional sales approach
- Articulate and well spoken
- Persuasive with strong closing skills
- Highly organized, motivated and determined
- Prior outbound/inbound sales experience preferred
- Ability to assess customer needs and make appropriate recommendations in a short time frame
- Previous print and/or digital advertising sales experience preferred
We offer a solid base salary plus commission as well as a comprehensive benefits package. If you feel you may be a good fit and would like to hear more about your future with our company, please submit your resume and cover letter.