Patient Care Technician
Excellent Paid Training Provided!!
DaVita is seeking a full-time Patient Care Technician who is looking to give life in an outpatient dialysis center. You can make an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families dealing with end-stage renal failure or chronic kidney disease. Do you desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way - the way you'd want your own care to be?
If you haven't considered Nephrology before, read on as we think that you should.
Joining DaVita as Patient Care Technician (PCT) is an exciting opportunity to jump start your career in the health care industry! With paid, extensive training, you will gain the skills needed to care for our patients and build a network of other health care professionals across the geography where you live. Once you have successfully completed training, you will join a holistic team of care professionals – including nurses, dietitian, social workers, and other experienced PCTs – to care for our patients. It’s not a job, it’s giving life and a career based on passion and purpose.
Hiring for all our clinics in Maine
Some details about this position:
• No Dialysis experience is required.
• Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic other than your assigned home clinic
• Potential to float to various clinics during and after your training
• You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work early mornings, days, evenings and rotating Saturday shifts - Sunday's off!
*Shifts are typically 10-12 hours, 3-4 shift per week
• Desire to enter the health care field to care for other people in need
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
• Must be comfortable mixing acid or bicarb
• Physical and mental ability to work long hours (some shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet so wear comfortable shoes! Our work ends when it's safe for our patients.
• Willingness to train and work across multiple clinics within the territory as needed.
• Health care experience a plus including: BONENT Certified, Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy certification.
• DaVita requires teammates to comply with Federal and State requirements related to vaccination against Covid-19. This includes being up to date with vaccinations or having a qualified exemption. For our teammates who work to support in-patient treatments in hospital or healthcare systems, there may be additional booster requirements prior to providing patient care services.
Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step and apply now.