Director of WIC
MFP is seeking a full-time Director of WIC. This position is responsible for directing the Hancock and Washington Counties WIC program insuring that federal, state, and agency policies, procedures, and regulations are followed. The Director is responsible to ensure that the program is effective in meeting program goals and the mission.
Qualifications Needed for Position:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- 3-5 years diverse experience working in related field.
- Staff management and supervision experience
- Must be able to develop, maintain and be part of a program-wide team.
- Good verbal and writing skills, able to relate to others.
- Strong decision-making and communication skills
- Initiative, adaptability and proven ability to work under stress.
- Excellent communication skills and experience writing and speaking to diverse audiences.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer skills
- Demonstrated passion for WIC program.
- Ability to develop positive relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Education and Knowledge Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- BA/BS Degree in relevant field such as public health or social services
Benefits: health, vision, dental, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, and 403(b) plan. Vacation, sick, and holiday pay included.
Maine Family Planning is an E.O.E.
It is MFP’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunities without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, whistleblower status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.