Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach
MEN’S LACROSSE ASSISTANT COACH
Assistant coaching positions are temporary, academic-year positions under the supervision of head coaches of the Academy's athletic teams. Assistant coaches are exposed to all facets of the profession, including, but not limited to recruiting, film editing and review, game planning, conducting drills and one-on-one workouts, and operations. Appointments are for one academic year and include an hourly wage of $12.75/hour plus housing for the duration of the appointment.
- Ability to embrace the school’s mission
- High professional and ethical standards for handling highly confidential materials
- Strong interpersonal skills (oral and written communications, presentation skills, personal demeanor, judgment, and diplomacy)
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- The ability to establish strong and effective personal and professional relationships
- Flexibility, initiative, and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proficiency in the relevant sport
Maine Maritime Academy (MMA) is a public college of engineering, management, science, and transportation, located in the quintessentially New England coastal village of Castine, Maine. The Academy is one of six state-supported maritime colleges in the United States.
MMA is a remarkable place to work and grow in a career, rich in opportunity, experiences and rewards. MMA offers a feeling of “family” that is unique. Our goal is to create and sustain a community where all are appreciated and respected for their individual and collective contributions.
For more information, the complete job description or to apply, visit http://jobs.mma.edu
Maine Maritime Academy is situated on a picturesque peninsula in the Penobscot Bay, a renowned sailing destination and home to more than 200 islands.
The Academy is only 40 miles from Bangor, Maine’s third largest city and home to Bangor International Airport. It is less than 50 miles from Acadia National Park, where opportunities for outdoor exploration and adventure abound.
Hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, sailing, skiing, snowmobiling – all right at your front door!