Assistant Professor of Physics
The Arts and Sciences Department at Maine Maritime Academy invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Physics. A Ph.D. degree in physics is preferred, but exceptional candidates holding a master’s degree in physics will be considered. The successful candidate will enthusiastically embrace working with undergraduates in classroom and laboratory settings. Teaching expectations include undergraduate introductory physics courses (algebra- and calculus-based) and labs, and occasional electives and introductory mathematics courses. Advising undergraduates, engaging in scholarship, and service to a collegial department is expected. Candidates from all areas of physics with a commitment to teaching-excellence in undergraduate education are encouraged to apply. Applicants must submit:
- Cover Letter
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- Completed MMA Application*
- Copies of applicable professional certifications and/or licenses
- Unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (faculty applicants only, unless otherwise specified)
- For all faculty appointments, official college transcripts must be received prior to a formal offer being made for employment.
- Contact information for at least three professional references
- Completed MMA Application Checklist
- MMA Self-Identification Form (attach as a separate document)
This is a full-time, permanent position at the Assistant Professor rank, beginning August 2023 with a salary range of $64,663 - $68,601. Maine Maritime Academy values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Maine Maritime Academy is a small institution with an enrollment of approximately 900 students and provides training in Maritime Transportation, Maritime Engineering, Power Engineering, International Business and Logistics, and Ocean Studies. The Academy is situated in the historic and picturesque coastal town of Castine in the Penobscot Bay region of Maine. Screening of applicants will begin as soon as possible and will continue until the position is filled.
For a full job description and application information see: https://mainemaritime.edu/employment-at-mma/