Youth Development Coordinator
The EdGE Youth Development Coordinator supports programs and initiatives that leverage school partnerships to increase youth knowledge, development, resilience, aspirations, and leadership skills. Based in Cherryfield, the Maine Seacoast Mission's EdGE program engages more than 700 children and their families in collaborative and innovative afterschool, summer, and in-school programs. The EdGE Youth Development Coordinator works with students and families to create strong relationships that support their goals. This position contributes to the EdGE afterschool programs at Downeast elementary schools as well as school-day programming, and supports EdGE summer camps, the Marion Kane Leadership program, and Downeast Campus family engagement programs.
- Plan, deliver, and lead afterschool programming
- Create and implement EdGE curriculum
- Form healthy relationships with staff and students
- Plan, direct, and oversee summer camps
- Serve as a resources for youth and families connecting them to Downeast family engagement programs
- Supervise part-time staff at afterschool program and summer camps
- Act as positive role models and mentors
- Model appropriate behavior
- Train, mentor, supervise, and collaborate with EdGE Program Director to evaluate paid and volunteer team members
- Desire to make a positive impact on youth’s lives
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience teaching or working with young people
- Minimum of a Maine Education Technician Certification at time of hire or earned within three months of employment
- Ability to pass a background check and cleared to drive a 15-passenger van
- Covid vaccination
Annual salary is $39,000 to $42,000 with excellent benefits.
For more information, visit https://seacoastmission.org/employment/.