Youth Development Coordinator - Secondary and Post-Secondary
The Maine Seacoast Mission is a highly respected and well established 117-year-old nonprofit that provides educational, medical, social services, and community building support to the outer islands and coastal communities of Downeast Maine. We are committed to working with people’s strengths and honoring the capacity of individuals to choose their own course in life.
Based in Cherryfield, the Mission’s youth development programs engage more than 800 students and their families in collaborative and innovative afterschool, summer, and in-school programs, and award nearly 100 post-secondary scholarships annually.
The EdGE Secondary Youth Development Coordinator supports the Maine Seacoast Mission’s college and career aspirations programs, including the Mission Scholarship program and Journey, a 7th-12th grade youth mentoring and experiential education program. The Youth Development Coordinator implements the components of these programs in a way that upholds the Mission’s goals of improving academic performance, promoting individual responsibility for health and wellness, raising student aspirations, and developing strong and nurturing family relationships. The Youth Development Coordinator contributes to and collaborates with other Mission Downeast programming and staff as appropriate, including the Family and Community Engagement, EdGE Primary, and Davis Maine Scholarship programs.
As part of the Maine Seacoast Mission:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience with and passion for working with youth, particularly middle school and high school students
- Commitment to honoring, learning from, and contributing to the distinct coastal and island communities the Mission serves
- An unwavering commitment to youth-development programming and data-driven program evaluation
- Outstanding organizational management skills and the ability to mentor youth and volunteers
- Ability to achieve strategic objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication competencies: a persuasive and passionate communicator
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management skills and a collaborative working style
- Passion, idealism, integrity, and excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365
- College admissions experience
Special Position Requirements
- A clean driver’s license
- Ability to drive a 15-passenger van with passengers
- A working vehicle that can be used to deliver program equipment when necessary
- A flexible schedule; availability to work outside regular working hours, including some evenings, weekends, and overnight trips
Physical Requirements of Position
- Physical ability and stamina for outdoor excursions and overnight camping trips
- Ability to communicate verbally and visually to maintain safe conditions
Salary $43,500 with excellent benefits.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will begin reviewing applications on June 5.
The Maine Seacoast Mission believes diversity makes us stronger and is an equal opportunity employer.